Friday, February 4, 2011

Varning from Montreal






It was around September when I decided to go to Montreal for the Varning from Montreal fest.
I saw the pre-flyer from someone’s blog and totally thought I must go this show no matter how. I used to studied in Portland and have some very special affection for PDX bands in general. So I usually try to see the bands from Portland at least once in a year and try to buy many new releases from PDX. Anyway, other than Hellshock and Tragedy is playing, there were so many great bands I would be dying to see. So I waited my pay-day (It seemed to take fucking forever) and bought a ticket to Montreal right away!! I was already so excited.
My friend introduced some of MTL punks and I’ve been contact with them before I go to MTL. They’ve been very supportive and kind!!


Finally, the day has become November 3rd (Wednesday). I was at the office and couldn’t concentrate on work at all. Like in my mind I was already in the plane drinking beer like whales.
However, things get fucking screwed up. Ok, my flight was supposed to leave at 18:30 at least my e-ticket itinerary said that. When I was at the airport at 17:30, all ticket counters were shut down. I was so fucking shocked and head to the air-canada’s office right way (you can never imagine how I felt at this moment. I almost peed myself haha). After I had a conversation with them, I found out that the flight schedule was 17:30 and the flight has already left with 200 passengers (oh it should be 199 passengers except me). The reason why this shit happened is that my stupid travel agency failed to notify me the changed schedule and I missed the flight. And there was no flight to Canada next day so I had to wait for another day to fly to MTL. That means.. I was going to miss 2 nights of the fest. To make matters worse, the flight ticket to montreal on Friday was sold out so I might not even fly to Canada. It seemed like there was nothing I could do on that day. So I went to bar and drink too much gin&tonico with rage..fury..ect. I kept saying that ‘ fuck.. I should be in fucking plane watching stupid movie by now!! ‘ I couldn’t sleep until 6AM cause I was so angry and nervous. It is very rare that I cannot sleep with emotional reasons.


Next Morning, I got up with horrible hangover from last night and called to travel agency right away. They said it is totally my fault that I didn’t re-confirm the flight schedule so they are not responsible to do anything for me. Also they said I should pay for no-show penalty if I wanna get a refund. I was so fucking pissed off after hearing this. Every word what they said was so ridiculous and just bullshit. I couldn’t let them fuck around me so I used my annoying customer skill (It includes swearing, yelling, threatening, I want to speak to your manager shit..ect..). I gotta tell you, it wasn’t an easy fight even though I am kinda expert to make phone operator annoyed.
They said, there is no flight ticket to MTL available tomorrow so you will have to choose another date which will be after the fest or you can refund your ticket. I obviously didn’t want to refund my fucking ticket cuz I was eager to see this varning fest soo soooo bad. I almost gave up when they took a firm attitude until 4PM. Hey..7hours.. MG-43 mouth.. ain’t that easy.


I think that the old saying “If you want something really really bad, the wish will be come true is somehow working! When I was exhausted and gave up my travel, I got a phone call from AIR CANADA saying they found a seat on the plane departing tomorrow. I got this call around 5:30PM. So close. I was so happy and relieved even though I was going to miss 2 nights of the show. And I got back my appetite again!! haha I was just so happy.


Actually I am fully aware that I am to blame for this event, because I didn’t go to the airport 2 hours before the flight schedule. I don’t know what is wrong with me but I just can’t do that.
I guess I am natural born slacker. I am overly generous to myself. Shit.. Sometime I really hate myself haha. I still go to the airport only one hour before the flight even after this shitty accident.


Anyway luckily I was able to go to Montreal!!
-Nayoung (November 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment